Friday, April 6, 2012

An Empty Tomb

                                   Source

As we approach Easter, we often think of colored eggs, cute little bunnies, pink dresses, and maybe an Easter sermon.      
But is this really what Easter is about? Have we lost the meaning of this day? As I ponder this day, and actually  realize what happened, it gives me a different perspective. Tonight was the night Jesus would be betrayed by His own disciple, tonight was the night He was delivered into the hands of those who hated Him, tonight was the night He was abandoned by His disciples, tonight He was sentenced to death, tonight He was cruelly beaten unmercifully, tonight He was mocked and made to wear a crown of thorns, tonight He suffered unimaginable excruciating pain, tonight was the night those hands that healed the sick, made the blind see and the lame walk, those hands were nailed to a cross! Tonight the Savior of the world died and was placed in a tomb.
All this happened tonight.

Why? Why did the perfect Son of God die the death of a criminal? Why would He allow this to happen?
Well it all goes back to the very beginning....
When mankind rebelled against God and sin was brought into the world. It was then that the heart of all humanity was turned away from God. It was our sin that nailed Christ to the cross. It was our punishment that He took on Himself, we deserved His death!! Yet He gave His life so that we might have eternal life!!! He conquered death when He arose from the grave after 3 days! He crushed the serpents head, ascended into Heaven and is now ruling over the world as King!!!
I thank you God, for your AMAZING LOVE which you showed for us this night!

I would like to conclude with some of the lyrics to one of my favorite songs, it just fit in so well with this post:

You Love Me Anyway- By Sidewalk Prophets

I am the thorn in Your crown
But You love me anyway
I am the sweat from Your brow
But You love me anyway
I am the nail in Your wrist
But You love me anyway
I am Judas’ kiss
But You love me anyway
See now, I am the man who yelled out from the crowd
For Your blood to be spilled on this earth shaking 
ground
Yes then, I turned away with a smile on my face
With this sin in my heart tried to bury Your grace
And then alone in the night, I still called out for You
So ashamed of my life, my life, my life
But You love me anyway
It’s like nothing in life that I’ve ever known
Yes,You love me anyway
Oh Lord, how You love me

No comments:

Post a Comment